Sunday, March 3, 2013

2 Weeks, 1 Post

Wow. As of today, my family and I have been back on the east coast for exactly 2 weeks. ((Well technically at about 11:30 tonight but who's counting?)) Well...I'd like to say I got so much done in those two weeks and that I'm going to tell you all about all of my stellar accomplishments! But, sadly, I didn't really get much of anything done.

The kid's and I left right after Christmas, and I don't know about you but my house seems to always be complete chaos for at least a week after Christmas. No matter where I am, everyone seems to have the same issue. SO, after I came back from a month-and-a-half long trip, it miraculously wasn't clean and the Christmas stuff was still up! Somehow those little elves forgot to come back and clean up for me! My husband was home, and he did do some stuff, but he also works full-time and was taking a condensed 3-week course for his Masters as well. Plus, I know full well the lack of motivation to clean when your down and missing your family.

Well, on the plus side, my mother-in-law is a certified Well-Coach and since I have been back we have been doing "phone-dates" together to set some small goals and work towards them; you know, to keep me motivated. The first week I only set 3 small goals. I knew that I would definitely be able to accomplish them, but I also knew if I set too many goals the task would be daunting, intimidating and they would never get done. My first two goals were part of a 3-month long term goal to loose 15 lbs. My littlest peanut is 4 months now and I'm ready to fit back into my old clothes. So as part of my week, I said, "I will replace breakfast on Monday AND Wednesday with a super smoothie, and I will eat by 9am." Notice the language, "I will". Not, "I want to", "I will". ((that looks really weird written out and I do not have a clue how it should be typed!!)) You can encourage yourself just with the language you use. I also set a very specific time table, well, as specific as you can be with 2 littles and an infant that is still nursing. Otherwise you could set a specific time. So last Sunday, I set some time to look at some smoothie ideas. I knew I wanted one with green tea; I did find one but it wasn't awesome. And I also wanted to have one using the protein powder I already have. And that was an awesome one that I will share with you! ((later))

My third goal was to spend some time in my closet. My other long-term goal that I have set is to get my bedroom clean and rearranged if needed to be a functional room. Right now, we live in a small 2-bedroom apartment on campus ((that is all that is open right now)). That means, the older two peanuts share one room and the larger room is a master bedroom // nursery // office // craft supply area. Kinda crazy, right? It doesn't really serve anything other than sleeping, and for me it is really stressful. So, my baby step was to start purging my closet so that I only have what I need in there, then hopefully that will start a chain reaction to a functioning area!!


The BEST part? I accomplished my goals 100% BUT, I also did some other things. I cleaned the kids' room and the bathroom, I also did what I needed to do in order to gain access to the "gym" on campus. It's for women only, just an old curves gym that was donated, but, it is better than nothing. Additionally, I went and worked out up there twice this week. Getting up early to work out also gave me an opportunity to spend some "me-time" with God. That is definitely something that has been missing from my life lately. I don't know why it isn't always priority number 1. When I have it, my life is good and positive. Conversely, when I don't have it, I'm really down and dreadful. So, say your prayers!! 

It was so encouraging, refreshing, and uplifting to accomplish my goals and so much more this week. So, it is my hope for you this week, that you may find time to set some goals, and that you may find time for yourself. Encourage yourself. Love yourself. Honor yourself. Don't overestimate yourself and don't underestimate yourself. To take a note from Pastor Sterling (of Remix Church in Salem, Ma) you are more than just a name; and with His name, you can do anything.


"Be Strong and Courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you."  Deuteronomy 31:6 ESV


Oh yes, that super smoothie, too.

Blueberry Muffin Smoothie

1 C Almond Milk
1/2 - 1 C Spinach, stems removed
1 Serving Vanilla Protein mix (Mine calls for 2 scoops)
1 C frozen Blueberries

Toss it all in a blender and voila!! My kids even ate this! The blueberries out-color the spinach so it doesn't look weird and you can't taste the spinach either. This really truly does taste like a blueberry muffin!

No comments:

Post a Comment